Our ‘Urgent Walk in Clinic’ no longer runs.
We have taken the opportunity to revise our appointment system.
From 6th August we will be offering a range of consultation types including:
- Same day URGENT timed appointments
- Routine appointments – face to face
- Telephone consultations
- Appointments also available with our Nurse Practitioner and Practice Pharmacist
This is part of our ongoing commitment to patient satisfaction and quality of care
******Please remember to order your medication in plenty of time.
We require 2 working days to process your prescription for you.
Doctors and staff at Waterloo House******
Visit us on Facebook
CUMBRIA HEALTH ON CALL (CHOC) operate an appointment service during week-ends at Furness General Hospital and Westmorland General hospital - your GP/Receptionist can book a routine (non-urgent) appointment for you if you would like to use this service - telephone 01229 402800 (to cancel appointments already made with CHOC ring 03000 247 247)
NAMED ACCOUNTABLE GP FOR ALL PATIENTS AS FROM 1st April 2015
All registered patients with the practice have an allocated, named GP who is responsible for patients overall care at the practice. This does not affect your care and you can still see any doctor/clinician of your choice.
If you wish to know who your allocated GP is please contact the reception team on 01229 402800.
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed.
Do you need to re-order your medication? You can do this at the reception desk, or by completing the counterfoil from your last prescription - simply tick what you want and pop it into the box opposite reception marked 'prescriptions'. You can also register for 'emis access' - a service which allows you to order prescriptions via the internet - register for this at reception. You will need to bring photo ID with you if you are not known to the receptionist.
ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION SERVICE
If you are taking regular medication, our new electronic dispensing system will save time.
How it works
- you visit the pharmacy of your choice and inform them you wish to use this service.
- You request your prescription in your usual way
- You then visit your nominated pharmacy when your prescription is ready, allowing 2 working days. The pharmacists will have your medication ready to collect.
- The practice will contact you with regard to any reviews
- If you would like to use this service, please speak to your chemist or ask at reception.
Like To Register?
New to the area and would like to join our practice? We would be happy to help you. Come in to see us with proof of identification x 2 (one being photo ID)
(Site updated 18/11/2019)